Turning Red is a movie with which every teenager will be able to relate. All the changes and various ups and downs that all teenagers go through, Turning Red has portrayed all of it with a little Disney twist.
Turning Red is a family comedy movie about a 13 years old girl. The director of this movie is Domee Shi, distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Turning Red’s release date was 1st March 2022.
Turning Red Characters
- Meilin Lee
- Miriam Mendelsohn
- Priya Mangal
- Tyler Nguyen-Baker
- Stacy Frick
- Tae Young
- Jin Lee
- Ming Lee
- Aaron Z.
- Aaron T.
- Auntie Ping
- Auntie Chen
- Grandma Panda
Turning Red Cast
- Rosalie Chiang [portrayed Meilin “Mei” Lee]
- Sandra Oh [portrayed Ming Lee, Mei’s mother]
- Ava Morse [portrayed Miriam Mendelsohn, Mei’s best friend]
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan [portrayed Priya Mangal, Mei’s best friend]
- Hyein Park [portrayed Abby Park, Mei’s best friend]
- Orion Lee [portrayed Jin Lee, Mei’s father]
- Wai Ching Ho [portrayed Grandma Wu, Mei’s grandmother and Ming’s mother]
- Tristan Allerick Chen [portrayed Tyler Nguyen-Baker, the bully]
- Lori Tan Chinn [portrayed Auntie Chen, one of Mei’s aunts]
- Mia Tagano [portrayed Auntie Lily, one of Mei’s aunts]
- Sherry Cola [portrayed Auntie Helen, one of Mei’s aunts]
- Anne-Marie [portrayed Lauren, Mei’s classmate]
- Lillian Lim [portrayed Auntie Ping, one of Mei’s aunts]
- James Hong [portrayed Mr. Gao]
- Sasha Roiz [portrayed Mr. Kieslowski, Mei’s teacher]
- Addie Chandler [portrayed Devon, Mei’s secret crush]
- Lily Sanfelippo [portrayed Stacy Frick, Mei’s classmate]
Turning Red Plot
Mei Lee, a thirteen-year-old Chinese Canadian (performed by Rosalie Chiang), is a typical high-achieving nerd from a loving, sometimes oppressive household. Her hormones start to work, and her emotions at this crucial time change their lives. Mei Lee is unique in that she uniquely experiences emotions. For example, when she experiences intense excitement, she transforms into a red panda.
Teenage movies are usually about a high school students going through some type of struggle and having to find their way out. Turning Red is also the same, but with a twist. The core concepts portrayed by Turing Red are mainly about embracing change, working through a mother-daughter relationship, female friendship, and loving your inner child.
Mei Lee struggles to keep up with being the obedient girl to her mother and balancing her chaotic teenage life. And when she becomes overwhelmed with all these emotions or gets too excited, she turns into a cute red panda. So, what after that? How does she come back to her human self? To get answers to these questions, watch Turning Red on Disney+ Hotstar.