There are many reasons to anticipate the OnePlus Nord phone. There’s a good chance you’ve heard of it, even if you’re not an avid techie. It is no longer necessary to spend tons of cash on a high-end flagship phone. Nord is an entirely new series of smartphones from OnePlus, designed to offer premium hardware and software at an affordable price. With this device, OnePlus has returned to a segment where it began years ago.
OnePlus does a nice job on its first tango with a mid-ranger; it manages to be both competitively priced and offer some of the best features in the market for the price, something we haven’t seen from the company for a while.
OnePlus Nord is not compromised in any way. Overall, the phone performs extremely well in all major aspects, and it is more often than not a winner. Our OnePlus Nord review covers all of the essentials, including how it performs in everyday use, what kind of images you can expect, and how it compares to other Android smartphones.
Those who are considering purchasing the OnePlus Nord in 2021 will find this review helpful, and it should make their choice easier. In addition, the OnePlus Nord was awarded the Best Value Phone award at the T3 Awards 2021, so if you’re considering it, make sure to read up on why the judges thought it was so good.
OnePlus hasn’t compromised much in terms of design, although the Nord is not an exorbitant phone. This phone features a glass body with a glossy finish and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides. Using the phone feels sturdy and comfortable. The plastic frame, however, hurts its position as a premium model.
One of the most unique features of the Nord is that it can be used with just one hand. The weight distribution is also excellent. This device has been built very well by OnePlus. There are two color options for the device: Blue Marble and Gray Onyx.
It is easy to reach the power button on the right side of the grip without having to reposition the grip a lot. You get the iconic alert slider right above the power button, which can be set to three different modes: Ring, Silent, and Vibrate. The volume rocker is located to the left of the power button. On the back, you’ll find a quad-camera array that protrudes quite a bit. Near the camera, you will find the dual-LED flash. At the center, you’ll see the OnePlus logo, and at the end, you’ll see OnePlus branding.
An innovative new feature for the OnePlus phone is the dual front-facing camera, which is shaped like a pill. The bottom of the device also contains a USB Type-C port and a SIM card slot.
Despite the price point, Nord’s design is by no means the best. The Nord is water-resistant, like other OnePlus devices. Despite the fact that it is not unique or stands out, I was pretty pleased with the design overall.
OnePlus Nord’s display has a resolution of Full HD and a 6.44-inch Fluid LCD display. A 90Hz panel provides a smoother scrolling experience. With this device, you can watch HDR content. In addition, you get a vibrant color effect that enhances the video’s colors and contrast. Night mode and Reading mode are also available to you. The reading mode can either be turned on in Mono effect mode or in Chromatic effect mode according to your preference.
This display has good viewing angles and deep blacks. It is equipped with an AMOLED display which does its job pretty well. When you unlock the phone, the animation from the live wallpaper on the home screen comes to life. This acts as another reminder that the phone’s refresh rate is higher. The touchscreen is easy to reach with just your thumb and the touch response is good. Surprisingly, the auto-brightness on the phone works well and can get bright enough for indoor use.
The display quality seems excellent and using OTT apps has been a pleasant experience. The screen is AMOLED, with a 90Hz refresh rate, and HDR support. The display is enjoyable and the colors reproduce well.
Other Features And Specifications
- Snapdragon 765G is the processor on this smartphone – it is not the best this year, but it’s good enough for most people. You may notice an extra second or two on loading screens, but the performance was overall fast and responsive, no matter whether you switched between apps or browser tabs. It offers some very decent specs for the price, and it includes 5G as well.
- In comparison with the competition, Oxygen OS is often viewed as the strongest feature of OnePlus phones. The situation is even more relevant when it comes to the sub Rs 30,000 segment where existing players are known to introduce bloatware and ads to keep the cost low. Oxygen OS is the best Android experience you can get at this price since we aren’t looking to power users.
- The OnePlus 6T was the first mainstream smartphone to feature in-display fingerprint recognition. The phone also features a 2D face unlock system that uses the front-facing camera to verify your identity. In addition, it works pretty fast and prevents you from using a fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone.
- The OnePlus Nord packs an impressive 4,115mAh battery despite its thin and light design. As always, this phone supports Warp Charging at 30W with the included charger.
- The total number of cameras is six. The OnePlus 8 has the same primary camera. It also has dual selfie cameras.
In addition to the screen and visuals, audio performance is crucial. Content is always more enjoyable and immersive when it is presented on a good screen and has good audio. It’s quite enjoyable to listen to the speaker at the bottom. If you use the phone in landscape mode, you have a great chance of blocking the speaker grill and muffled audio. Type-C port and Bluetooth support are your only options for personal audio. The device comes with Bluetooth 5.1 technology. Dirac audio tuner also lets you set dynamic enhancements such as movies and music based on the situation. Both wireless and wired earphones come with equalizer capabilities. Also, the call quality was quite good, I could hear people on the other end with no problems. Also, it is crystal clear on my side and even though it is in a different location, it is loud and clear.
According to the company, the OnePlus Nord also combines excellent hardware with premium software. Additionally, the OnePlus is not only more affordable while adds extravagant features such as 5G, 90Hz AMOLED panels, and 12GB of RAM. According to us, the OnePlus Nord is the better value for money phone, and the bang for the buck department puts it higher than most handsets we’ve seen in the last year. It’s true that you can buy smartphones with better screens and cameras, but you’ll have to pay a lot more.