Technology has progressed quite a lot in the last few years. It has provided us with a variety of smart devices. However, have you ever noticed that most of these devices are at the mercy of a stable Internet connection? As soon as connectivity issues arise, most of them become as good as useless.
When you are buying stuff, you might have noticed a connectivity specification mentioned there. That section retains quite a few connectivity options starting from USB ports come out Wi-Fi, to HDMI cables. That is what we are going to discuss today. Here we are going to take a look at why are HDMI cables are so popular in the first place and what are some of the best HDMI cables that you could and might want to avail this year.
We are going to start with the benefits that come from using HDMI cables and then go on to trace some of the most popular options in the market right now. So, sit tight and keep reading. We are here to help you out.
Benefits Of Using HDMI Cables
Before we go on to discuss the top HDMI cable options in the market, let us take a look at why you should opt for an HDMI cable in the first place. Here are some of the reasons why HDMI cables are considered highly efficient by most users.
- The first reason, and probably the most valid of them all, is that HDMI cables provide you both audio and video via a single cable. Not only that, both video and audio qualities are immensely good. HDMI cables are digital cables. There is, therefore, no wastage while converting from a digital Blu-ray disc. HDMI connectors maintain a digital signal via which the television understands exactly where the edges need to be placed.
- Moreover, HDMI cables are known for their high-definition video output. In this age of technology, high definition is just the usual level of perfection. HDMI cables provide you with the same.
- The best part about buying and you think HDMI cables is that they are a connectivity option on almost all the products that are popular in the market right now. There are seldom any other better alternatives available.
- HDMI cables are also considered to be highly compatible with the future products that are set to debut in the commercial market. So not only would HDMI cables keep you equipped now, but they would also have your back in the near future.
Best HDMI Cable Options 2021
If you have been thinking about investing in an HDMI cable for some time now but feel confused as to what you are looking for and what would be the top choices, then we can help you figure it out.
Firstly, you need to understand that no matter which HDMI cable you take, once they are attached perfectly with the device, there is seldom any difference between the least expensive or the most expensive cables. And then, what is it that makes a difference? The main difference between different HDMI cables lies in their builds. While buying HDMI cables you need to take note of certain things such as the HDMI versions, the length that you require, the HDMI connector style or size, and so on.
1. Tripp Lite P568-006 (Rating 4.1/5)
It is quite a high-quality HDMI cable. Tripp Lite P568-006 is a 6-foot high-speed HDMI to HDMI connector. It is one of those HDMI cables that sell themselves. It claims itself to be 18 GIGABITS PER SECOND and even offers a lifetime warranty. This surely is one of the options that you can try out.
2. Philips 4-foot High-Speed HDMI Cable (Rating 4.2/5)
It is an ultra-high-speed HDMI cable. This Philips HDMI cable is capable of handling the full bandwidth of 4K HDR. It is also quite cheap when compared with some of its other contemporaries that offer similar features. It is rated 18 GIGABITS PER SECOND and therefore guarantees a great speed. Discussing its compatible devices, it is compatible with televisions. This HDMI cable is also compatible with Blu-ray players, streaming devices, HDTV, certain gaming consoles such as PS5, and many others.
3. Amazon Basics Premium-Certified Braided Cable (Rating 4.3/5)
The fact that these cables are labeled premium certified is proof that they can handle some of the highest frame rates and resolutions. This is one of the best HDMI cables if you are looking for options for your new Xbox series X or PS5. The most popular one would be the 3 foot one (also the one discussed here). There are other options too if you want variety. There are 6, 10, and 15-foot connector options available as well. The best part about these HDMI cables is that claim to support 3D as well, along with 4K HDR videos. Like Philips, it also has a good speed record.
4. Monoprice Certified Premium Ultra Slim (Rating 4.3/5)
These are the cheapest premium certified cables that you welcome across. It has other thicker and longer versions for you to choose from as well. These cables can also handle 4K HDR content and are labeled as 18 GIGABITS PER SECOND. Its high-quality and tested HDMI cables offer dual video streaming on a single screen. There are two varieties of data transfer rates available here- one is 6 gigabits per second while the other is 18 gigabits per second. Most users of course go for the latter. But then again, it depends on your purpose and the level of efficiency required for the same.
You can also verify with your friends who have bought HDMI cables as to which would be a more reliable option or maybe check out reviews on the web. Your goal is to choose the one that would best suit your budget purpose.