If you are passionate about gaming, chances are you are passionate about the audio of it as well. After all, audio is one of the essential elements of the package of a great gaming experience. It is therefore implied that you already have a certain experience in this field and have come here looking for some of the best options that you could try out this year. In that case, you can just scroll down to the sections where we have listed your top options.
However, if you are new to this field and are looking for a good gaming headset that will let you enjoy the audio of the games and enhance your gaming sessions, then we have something to offer to you. Not only have we listed the best gaming headset options for 2021, but we have also jotted down a buying guide for the newbies here. You can go through the things that you need to consider before and while buying a proper gaming headset that would fit your budget and would also provide you with amazing features.
So if you’re ready, why not start reading already?! Let’s start with the basics of buying a good gaming headset for your pc.
Things to consider
You would probably be thinking that buying a decent gaming headset should not be that difficult. All you have to look for is good quality sound. However, if you are thinking that, you might be just a bit away from the truth. Yes, sure, the sound is an essential quality that you must check in your headset, but it is not the only quality you should look out for. Here are some of the things that you need to consider while you are shopping for your headset.
- The first thing that you should look for would be comfort. If you intend on wearing them for longer periods of time then you need to make sure that they are comfortable enough for that.
- Gaming headsets are made out of cheap plastic is not a viable option. You need to find a headset that would be sturdy enough. Something with a wireframe or a metal frame would be ideal. If your headset is made out of cheap plastic material it would not be able to withstand much pressure or tension. A passionate gamer would require a sturdy headset.
- Isolation is one of the most important qualities of a headset. The kind of seal that the headphone has both greatly affect the quality of its audio. The headphone pad, the size, and the material are really important characteristics that you should look into before finalizing a deal. If you wear glasses then headsets with eyewear channels in the ear pads or you could go with velour pads.
- If you are searching for good-quality mics in a gaming headset, then you should probably stop right now. Gaming mics are built to offer the most basic features. So what you should be focusing on is whether you need a detachable mic or not. If you are someone who most of the time stays home while gaming, then probably you can settle for just about any mic been yet however if you play outside a lot, then a detachable microphone would probably be a better option for you.
- Surround sound is not really 3d sound. This helps you to get a 360-degree soundscape. It has multiple speakers covering each of your yours. If something is coming at you from the right side from behind, you will hear the noise of it from that direction only. This will not only offer you a more immersive gaming experience but also better your gameplay.
- You would not want to be made fun of because of how your gaming headset looks like, do you? It is better if you do not go for extravagant styles that would make like an alien spaceship have landed on your head. Go with a more compact and comfortable appearance, especially if you plan on wearing your headset in public.
- Last but not the least, it is obviously important to check the sound quality of your headset. Make sure that you can hear all the sounds properly. You can also go through reviews and ask friends who have bought the same headset about it.
Best Gaming Headset Options for 2021
Gaming headsets are a pretty common product in the market. They are also quite in-demand devices. It is therefore obvious that there is much competition in the market. Competition results in options. However, too many options can make you feel confused. That is why we have jotted down some of the best out of the rest in the market right now. Here, have a look.
Razer BlackShark V2 (Rating 4.3/5)
Acoustic design: Closed-back; over-ear
Cable length: 5.9ft / 1.8m
Drivers: TriForce Titanium 50mm
Weight: 9.2oz / 262g
This is the finest gaming headset if you are looking for one in 2021. It has amazing game audio details and sits comfortably over your ears and head. If you are using the app you can get endless versatility and customization. It is a great choice at an affordable price.
There haven’t been any complaints regarding any disadvantages that users have faced regarding this particular product.
Astro A50 (Rating 4.1/5)
Acoustic design: Closed-back; over-ear
Drivers: 40mm Neodymium Magnet
Weight: 11.2oz / 318g
Compatibility: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Mac, Mobile
It’s a luxurious wireless charging headset that offers you supreme comfort. It also provides you with distinct and powerful audio.
This headset takes a bit of time to charge. Its unclear next-gen compatibility is also a drawback here. Furthermore, its software could do a bit better so as to match up with the hardware.
Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless XT (Rating 4.2/5)
Acoustic design: Closed back; over ear Cable length: 5.9ft / 1.8m
Battery life: up to 15 hours
Weight: 0.84lbs / 381g
Compatibility: PC, Mac, PS5, PS4, XSX|S, Xbox One, Switch, Mobile
This one is a complete package. It looks amazing and feels amazing as well. It has topped-notch audio quality and versatile connectivity.
The only thing that might be a problem with this headset would be its price. It might be a bit too expensive for some.
Asus Rog Delta S (Rating 4.1/5)
Acoustic design: Closed-back
Cable length: 1.5m
Drivers: 50mm Neodymium
Compatibility: PC, Mac, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Android mobile
This Asus headset is lightweight and comfortable. It also offers the users a variety of customization options and amazing audio quality.
Again, this headset does not have any such marked disadvantages, but at the same time, a PC gamer who has the time to go through all those settings would be the most benefited here.
Finding a decent gaming headset is not really a hard job. You can get quite good quality headsets at affordable prices, some of which are also mentioned in the list above. So, make up your mind and get shopping.