Insta360 is a popular manufacturer of action and 360-degree cameras that are known for their quality and performance. Today we’ll be discussing Insta360 Go 2, the company’s second-generation action camera. Compared with available GoPro Hero Session action cameras, the size of this action camera reminds us of how small they were. The Insta Go 2 is distinguished by its unique capabilities. This is the smallest and most expensive action camera in the world.
Insta360 was founded in 2015 to provide a better way for users to share experiences. You have probably searched for a 360 camera that allows you to share the most memorable moments with your loved ones from anywhere in the world – not just static snapshots and partial views, but immersive, live experiences also. Here’s the solution to your problem: the world’s smallest action camera – the insta360 go 2.
Design Of The Instagram 360 Go 2
The Insta360 Go 2 features a small, pill-like body the size of an AA battery. There is one LED indicator just beneath the lens, and when docked in the case you can charge it with contact pins. White is the only color available and with a weight of just 26.5g, it has a strong plastic body. The button below the LED on the front panel allows you to start and stop recording. Lens covers can be replaced if your existing ones are scratched or cracked after prolonged use.
A charging case for the Insta360 Go 2 is just as crucial as the camera itself. It has a USB Type-C port, a tripod mount, and collapsible feet to hold it vertically while shooting. It strongly resembles Apple’s AirPods Pro charging case. This device has a hole at the top that holds the camera and a black backlit display, and buttons on the bottom.
Besides switching between multiple shooting modes, you can also check the battery level of the camera on the display and the case. The case is even Bluetooth capable, enabling remote camera control. The case has very good construction.
Here’s What’s Inside The Box
The box comes with a bunch of interesting accessories. Magnetic pendant accessories are designed to be worn as necklaces and can be mounted directly onto the camera. You can attach the clip mount to a cap, and you can use magnets to mount the pivot stand on metal surfaces. There is also a mount adapter bundle offered by Instagram360 that includes a GoPro accessory mount.
The Features Of The New Instagram360 Go 2
- Video recording is a modest feature of the Insta360 Go 2. In addition to shooting up to 1440 p (2560 x 1440) at 50 frames per second, it has a 1/2.3-inch sensor.
- There are six video formats available: Standard, Pro Video, HDR, Timelapse, Time Shift, and Slow Motion. Additionally, there are four photo modes: standard, interval, night, and starlapse.
- For sharing, you will need the camera’s mobile application or desktop software.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 are both supported by Insta360 Go 2.
- This one comes with 32GB of internal storage.
- Furthermore, the Go 2 is waterproof to a depth of 4m, making it suitable for underwater use.
- In the Insta360 Go 2, there is a feature known as Flow State stabilization. This is available in both Pro Video and Time Shift modes. Various field of view options is also available, such as Wide, Spectacular, Linear, and Narrow. Video options can be modified even after a shot has been taken with a smartphone app, which is not possible with GoPros.
- You can update the firmware, control the camera remotely, and transmit videos and photos from the camera to your phone using the Insta360 mobile app for iOS and Android.
The Performance Of The Insta 360 Go 2 And Its Battery Life
When it comes to mounting, the Insta360 Go 2 offers more versatility and flexibility than a GoPro. You can stick the magnetic back of the camera directly to any metal surface without having to provide a mount for it. The camera’s magnets should have been stronger as they can easily fall off a surface under vigorous shaking.
When filmed outside in daylight, the quality was good. A ‘remove grain‘ option is available when exporting videos, which can remove noise. The video clip length is limited to 10 minutes when shooting a 1440p video in ProVideo mode, and each clip significantly drains the battery. Even so, photographs can still be very stunning. Pure Shot and Color Plus are two useful post-processing pre-sets included in the app.
There are many issues with the battery life of the Insta360 Go 2 which is needed to improve. It is true that the Insta360 Go 2 has improved over its earlier model, but it can still record video for only up to 30 minutes in 1440p in Standard mode before the battery runs out. However, there is an indicator of low battery.
This is a fun little action camera. Insta360 Go 2 is a great concept, but its execution is far from perfect. Features like Poor battery life, overheating issue, Weak low-light video needs to improve. Although Great compact design, Versatile mounting options, Multiple charging ports, Easy-to-use app, Internal storage, good video quality make this action camera special from others.