It is true that physical books will always have a certain vibe to them, that no level of technology could match. However, you cannot disagree that there are some perks to reading an eBook. They are always available right there with you and can be easily carried along with you wherever you go. Tablets offer you a better display and screen size so that you can read and enjoy your story. Kobo Elipsa betters this experience. What is Kobo Elipsa you ask? If that is the question, then we have just the thing for you, maybe even better. Here we discuss all the features of Kobo Elipsa that you can enjoy if you indulge in the purchase. We also squeeze in a short reMarkable tablet review and provide a comparative study between the two tablets, discussing the major points of difference between them. So if you are looking for a place that will guide you in making an educated choice regarding your next tablet purchase, then here we go!
What is new in Kobo Elipsa?
Kobo Elipsa will look a lot like Kobo Forma at the first glance. Like the kindle Oasis, this model has a thicker bezel on one side. However, that is not the only feature of Kobo Elipsa. This model has a lot more to offer to its users. Indeed, you cannot grasp the experience of using a device unless you start using it. Below we have attempted to give you a sneak peek into what the experience might be like so that it becomes easier for you to make a choice. Here are some of the many features that make Kobo Elipsa a good purchasable option.
- One of the best, and the most unique, of the features that Kobo Elipsa offers is the self-illuminating screen. You no longer need a lamp to pull an all-nighter. You can lie in the comfort of your bed, with Kobo Elipsa on your lap, and read or note away. The screen is self-illuminating and provides you with the light that you require to study or write on the tablet.
- The new Kobo e-reader has a 10.3 inches screen which is also a development from the Kobo Forma, which had a display size of about 8 inches. This makes it easier for the user to read. One of the major drawbacks of reading from a screen is the size of the screen. Well, Elipsa has surely got rid of that problem and the larger screen size also gives you enough space to add margins to your documents.
- Another feature, which undeniably is a rare catch, is that Kobo Elipsa has its eBook store. It has a stock of about a million free books that you can choose from. So if you are a book lover, this should be a deciding factor for you. You probably would not even need or want to read further!
- Elipsa has a quad-core 1.8 GHz processor and is, therefore, a lot better with regards to zooming and panning your large PDF files. The 1GB of RAM that the device provides also gives it a necessary and decided advantage in the race of tech specs that such devices offer.
What are the drawbacks of Kobo Elipsa?
There are very few drawbacks to Kobo Elipsa-
- One of the drawbacks that indeed pose a problem for users is that the tablet does not offer a color temperature adjustment. Had the color temperature adjustment been there it would have been easier for the users to read at night.
- Elipsa offers you a simulation experience of writing on paper with a pen. But the system of Kobo Elipsa is not as good as you would expect it to be. Syncing your documents wirelessly is also quite an ordeal, as it can only be done through Dropbox.
- Lastly, even though it is not any major drawback, the 8 inched Kobo Forma had a resolution of 1440 ×1920 pixels at 300 pixels per inch, while the new Elipsa offers only 1404 × 1872 resolution at 227 pixels per inch which makes a little more aliasing visible in the latter.
Read More : Sony Ps5- The Future of Gaming Is Here
Which is better- reMarkable or Elipsa?
Colour temperature adjustment is one of the top features that every e-reader should have. Thinking from that perspective, the reMarkable tablet is a better option than Elipsa. But if you were to consider all the aspects, then Kobo Elipsa would be a better option. But then again it all depends on your purpose of buying the tablet. If illumination and color temperature adjustments are a must for you, or maybe is working at night is a must for you, then clearly Elipsa will not be a healthy option for your eyes.